Friday, January 25, 2008

Crow-bites

There are too many crows around us nowadays. Whether I am roaming at the nearby Vellore Fort or eating near the Enzo's - the single-bedroom sized supermarket for our hostels, or in the college's food court which has is open from two and a half sides out of four, I am afraid of the staring crows all around. And that is the reason I am feeling a significant drop in the number of lies I tell in a day, as I've been listening to Bobby's 'Jhooth Bole Kauva Kaate' since childhood. Actually they taught some such proverb in the Hindi class in school also, but being a 24x7 music n movies fan, I prefer Bobby.

And then there was something in the late 90's from Hrishi da that reminded me of the proverb. He had made an I-think-it-was-flop movie called Jhooth Bole Kauva Kaate with Anil Kapoor without his mustaches, and Juhi Chawla, probably the only movie in which Sajid Khan acted. At that time I was surprised how the movie could fail as it was from Hrishi da - the master of masterpiece comedies like Chupke Chupke and Golmaal and close-to-everyone's-heart movies like Anand and Bawarchi, none of them selling for less than Rs 99 a CD even today, in the era of Rs 28/30 a CD and Rs 34 a DVD (courtesy Moserbaer). But recently I started feeling that the failure of Hrishi da was nothing, after I saw Ram Gopal Varma ki Aag and then Sanjay Leela Bhansali ki Saanwaria, followed by Anurag Kashyap ki No Smoking and even Rajkumar Santoshi ki Halla Bol. In fact I've heard that Nagesh Kukunoor also has joined the club with his Bombay to Bangkok.

Anyways, I was talking of excess crows (sorry for including excess of more dangerous stray dogs, I got no disposal for them yet). I think we can send these crows to the US as I recently read a study which says 'Bush lied 259 times', and tells us that President George W Bush and top administration officials issued 935 false statements about the national security threat from Iraq in the two years following the 2001 terrorist attacks. I think either the number exceeds the lies by Indian politicians or more probably, the researchers find themselves unable to count the number of false statements by our politicians, or maybe there are too many politicians in India which makes it impossible to count the lies. Whatever the case be, we know there are enough crows in India but the security around every liar, or non-liar politician is so tight, that no crow can touch them. So, in the interest of crows, as well as Iraq, it would be better to send these crows to the US, at least some of them.

Additionally, we can send Himesh Reshammiya with the crows to sing 'when you tell a lie, a crow will bite you'. Not sure of the other effects, but many in India will be able to breath easy if they both go, crows and Himesh.

No comments: