Monday, January 7, 2008

In the meantime...

It's been long since I posted a blog. But that doesn't mean I had nothing to say. I had a lot. Just that I didn't have an Internet connection available with me and didn't have time to go to a cyber cafe.

In the meantime, a lot has happened. 2007 ended and people celebrated the arrival of yet another year. Though I could not understand what was there to celebrate for, and finally I told myself that people celebrate just because they have to. Because they need a break from their routine lives. And probably because they want to forget all their problems in the noise of a party.

In some other corner of the world, India lost to Australia again, but this time it was probably a 15 against 11 game, with two umpires, one third umpire and a match referee playing against the Indian squad.

I do not know if they'll stick to it, but BCCI finally said they'd not go to Canberra if the ban on Harbhajan Singh is not revoked.

'Miss u dada!'

I mean, I am not at all a fan of Saurav 'dada', but today i was thinking it would have been interesting to see dada leading the team in today's scenario.

I started and completed Erich Segal's famous 'Love Story'. And then started Premchand's 'Sevasadan'.

Took XAT, yet another MBA entrance examination for yet another top college called XLRI, Jamshedpur. Wrote a one page essay on 'Consequences of Gender Imbalance - Third World War'.

The most interesting part of the exam was the cricket related photos hanging on the walls of the St. Joseph's Boys' High School, my exam centre. First, I was surprised and elated to see a photo of Jonty Rhodes along with 1996 Cricket World Cup schedule as I started upstairs for my exam hall. Then I saw photos of Robin Singh, Ganguly, Agarkar, Nikhil Chopra and a close up of Master Blaster Sachin with 5 different poses facing 5 different sides at the bottom of the photo.

I found it to be a great way to inspire. in fact I found I was getting inspired seeing the faces of these cricketers.

I shopped from Tata's Star Bazaar and Big Bazaar for a friend in Bangalore and used the Super popular Forum mall as a subway between the two supermarkets.

I saw an interview of Darsheel Safary (aka Ishan Awasthi, Taare Zameen Par) on the idiot box and saw SRK receiving the best actor award, Katrina Kaif getting the best actress award, sharing it with Rani Mukerjee, and Om Shanti Om getting the best movie award and confirmed that 'idiot box' was probably the most suitable name for the device.

I saw a live blog, that is, the 'Lounge' on NDTV Good Times in which Rajat Kapoor talked to Renuka Shahane and a few others (I couldn't recognize) on 'Romance past kids'. I had surfed through this program many times in the past but this was the first time I listened to the people and it was a really good experience.

Bought a copy of 'The World is Flat' and read through 50 pages of the book. Yet another good experience. A good book for those who understand little economics but are interested in knowing the economy is going today.

Actually, done a lot more too. Hope I get a chance to tell u later.

No comments: